Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hey Guys!! This Is What Your Favourite Nigerian Celebrities Were Doing Before Fame

via- Only a very few number of famous people are born into fame. A greater number worked their way there. Most of the time, one’s dream job or career does not come around from the word go; one may first make do with whatever comes around until he finally gets to his destination. Sometimes, when they have finally arrived, it sounds quite unbelievable when we try to recall or make mention of what they were previously doing.
This is exactly the case with these Nigerian celebrities. Looking at these successful stars today, one may begin to think they’ve been stars all their lives. Continue reading........
NUMBER 1
PATORANKING
Pato
Patrick Nnaemeka, a.k.a, Patoranking revealed while collecting an award in 2014 that he was formerly a brick layer and a rat poison seller. Sounds so funny! Continue reading........

NUMBER 2
LINDA IKEJI
Linda_Ikeji
Linda is currently the most popular Nigerian Celebrity blogger. In order to make ends meet, she had to work as a waitress and a model before she finally made it to the world of fame. Sharing the experiences of those former hard days, she says:
“I’d leave lectures, go to a hotel and sell beer from 1 pm till 10 pm. I did this for a few months. It wasn’t easy but I had to survive” Continue reading........

NUMBER 3
DON DJAZZY
Don-Jazzy
Before becoming a musician, Don Jazzy worked as a security guard at McDonalds. Continue reading........

NUMBER 4
PSQUARE
P-Square
Now one of the most popular duo musicians, Peter used to work as a sales boy in a super market while Paul was an electrician. Continue reading........

NUMBER 5
CHIDIMMA EKILE
chidinma2
Popularly known as Miss Kedike, Chidimma was a bussiness promoter in Lagos and a chorister at a Redeemed Christian Church before she became a star. She came to limelight after winning the MTN Project Fame in 2010. Continue reading........

NUMBER 6
BANKY W
wpid-banky-w
Banky W disclosed his past and how he worked as a sales boy in an interview. Read the excerpts:
“I worked in fast foods outlets, clothing stores and as a knife salesman, selling knives from door to door. That way, I gathered money to pay for studio recording time. I was recording with a close friend at that time.
“After making that music, we printed a thousand CDs though we didn’t have any fan. I had one battered car that broke down virtually everywhere, so, we would print black and white posters, stick them on the sides of the car, sell from the car’s trunk and drive to salons to do marketing. We would walk to the owners of the salons, greet politely, and ask them to let us entertain their customers. Sometimes, some would kick us out and sometimes some would say yes. If told yes, after singing for a minute or two, we would sell our CDs to the customers!Continue reading........

NUMBER 7
TIWA SAVAGE
Tiwa-Savage-on-FlyTime-TV
Wow! I’ll have to say that for this beautiful lady, it was not an ugly or difficult past. She studied Business Administration in the University of Kent,UK and worked at the Royal Bank of Scotland. Continue reading........

NUMBER 8
MERCY JOHNSON
4e9bb2ca5a01be1a4154b285a1a8d788_L
The now very famous, rich and sought-after Mercy Johnson was actually a house maid before she joined the movie industry. Continue reading........

NUMBER 9
OMOTOLA JALADE EKEINDE
Omotola-Jalade-Ekeinde
Omotola started modelling immediately after University education. She did this while waiting for her results with which she intended taking up a job in Business, but as fate will have it, she remained and made it in the world of entertainment. Continue reading........

NUMBER 10
OMAWUNMI MEGBELE
Omawumi-533x360
Omawunmi Megbele, the runner up on West African Idols in 2007, is one of Nigeria’s popular female artistes. She is a brand ambassador for GLOBACOM, Konga and Malta Guinness. She graduated from the Ambrose Alli University with a law degree. Continue reading........

NUMBER 11
TIMAYA
Timaya
This another very funny but difficult experience. Timaya was a hustler and plantain seller before he made it. He shares his ugly experience:
First, I lived with a woman older than me in Port-Harcourt before I became the Timaya that you know today. I’d been singing all these while but I hadn’t made the any hit. I was writing my songs and hustling between studios. The woman accommodated me after I was thrown out by my landlord. And all through my stay, she fed me.
Of course she handed me rules and regulations. I must be in the house by 7 pm and she slept with me whenever she wanted, whether I liked it or not.” Continue reading........

NUMBER 12
TONTO DIKE
tonto-dike-13
These were the very words of Tonto Dike in one of the posts she shared some years ago on instagram:
“Hmmmm looking back and all I can say iz Lord I thank you for talent oh life waz nt easy somtimz it seemz iz d end of d world, n somtimz I even sit n askGod why me? N somtimz I used to say why waz Int born abroad cuz I used to think money fall frm tree ova der! Uni life waz so hard for me, handouts I could not afford I beg frm hand to hand jst to eat!Den wil be jeans @ alaba market if d jeanz is longer Dan me I will cut it to my size n I will say iz rugged jeans!
I will ask frdz for favour b4 they help they will ask me to do somtin for dem eg clean their room, help with course work jst to hav 2000 nair gosh, I never allowed dat to pull me down play like play I finished my uni n graduate with 2nd class Engineering!Job waz hard to get mov frm place to place until 1 day I came across a poster dat says BE THE NEXT MOVIESTAR I applied and to GOD be the Glory THEY called me I waz short listed for the realty TV show tho I dint win tho I dint win but I came out 2nd and the rest iz history so palz if I can make it in 9ja! U can also do dsame life iz full of HARD TIMEZ but never let it break u down, never give up fight for what u believe cause God haz iz special plan for u! Diz my life my story hope to read urz som day n I see greatness in daz readn diz
#EasyLionEasyTiger#p­oko

Love this article? use the social media buttons above to  Share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus.
share-to-care-logo




0 comments:

Post a Comment